1.Soy is backed by the Food and Drug Administration and the American Cancer Society and is considered a safe and nutritious food.
2. Isolflavones in soyfoods have NO signifigant effects on hormone levels in men or women.
3. Women who eat soyfoods have a lower risk of developing breast cancer
4. Soyfoods protect against thyroid cancer and have no effect on thyroid function in healthy people.
5. Over 40 scientific studies prove the positive effect of soy protein on lowering cholesterol.
6.Soy is one of the best non-fish sources of essential omega 3 fatty acids.
7. Soy can help reduce high blood pressure.
8. Soy may help protect against colon cancer.
9. Soy is a high fiber food.
10. Soy is low in fat and can help people manage their weight.
Sources: Soybean.org/Soyfoods Association of North America/The Soyfoods Council/United Soybean Board/American Diabetes Association
Opponents of Soy Argue the exact opposite:
1. High intakes of soy may increase breast cancer risk- Journal of the American Dietetic Association
2.Soy protein has carcinogenic potential-Center for Toxicological Research
3. Soy has potential to disrupt the digestive, immune and neuroendocrine systems of the human body- Israeli Health Ministry/ British Committee on Toxicity
4.Soy is implicated in rising rates of infertility, hypothyroidism, thyroid and pancreatic cancer- Swedish National Food Administration
5. Soy is not a healthfood and members are currently petitioning to have the FDA add warning labels on soy products- Weston A. Price Foundation
6.Soy contains high levels of phytic acid and actually block the absorption of nutrients by the body- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
7. Soy is one of the highest pesticide laden crops in the world- http://www.Baumancollege.org
8. Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum which is toxic to the nervous system and the kidneys- Kayla Daniel PHD,CCN author of The Whole Soy Story
Confused yet????Do you think you should listen to the soy industry or independent non-profit health organizations like the Weston A Price Foundation? Ask yourself one question. Who is going to make money $$$ if soy is claimed to be a healthfood????? If you are interested more on the topic of soy, I highly suggest you read “The Whole Soy Story” which is one of the best (highly researched and referenced) books on the topic. You will find 400 plus pages of why soy is NOT all that it’s cracked up to be……