It’s that time of year again to sit down and reflect on what went well for you in 2011 and at the same time make some resolutions for the new year that is upon us. Truth be told, only about half of all American’s even make a New Year’s Resolution and a much smaller percentage of people actually follow them and succeed. Well it’s time to change all of that right here and right now! What if I told you that 2012 could be the BEST year of your entire life? Curious as to how this is going to happen? Follow these simple principles and jumpstart yourself into a new life and a new you for 2012!
Many of these same principles have been written about for thousands of years. People for centuries have succeeded by following them and helping them to guide their lives. So whether you choose to follow just one principle or all of them, just know that you will be taking a huge step to a new you. Let’s get started!
Principles that will change your LIFE
1. Live with passion! This is an amazing principle that can truly change your life for the better. I see too many people who live day in and day out that aren’t really passionate about anything. I think this is a serious problem and one that will set you up for failure in the long run. What makes this principle so amazing is that you can literally make the change in a second. Take some time to think about what your passionate about. If you closely examine anyone that has been successful with anything you will probably find that they have a passion that drives them. Whether you’re trying to get into medical school or simply wanting to be a better parent, put your heart into whatever it is you choose and you will succeed!
2. Be Happy! Most people tend to dwell on the things that are not going well in their lives. Many people can’t find love, or their in a large amount of debt, or their fighting a serious health problem. Simply switch your thoughts to what is going good in your life. This is a remarkable principle because you can uplift your spirit and feel better in a matter of minutes. Dwell on all of the good things that you have in your life and be happy for them. No matter how bad your life situation is, I could find one worse than yours. Use this to your advantage and be happy, even if you don’t have very much. Many people including myself believe that achieving ultimate happiness would be better than being a billionaire. And it doesn’t cost a dime to buy it….
3. Believe in yourself! Too many people believe that they can’t do something. I am a firm believer that anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it. I know this first hand because everything I have ever done in my life I have succeeded with. It has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with believing in yourself. Everyone is naturally born with talent, it is what you do with that talent that sets you apart from the rest. Believe in yourself, put your heart into it and I guarantee that you will succeed!
4. Live in the Moment! How much of your day is spent thinking about something in the past or what your about to do? Seriously? Think about it for a minute? Most people spend their entire lives thinking about what they are about to do. This is sad because all we really have is right here and right now. Living in the moment is one of the famous NY Time’s Best Selling Author Eckart Tolle’s primary teachings. Live in the moment instead of in the past or in the future and you will bring instant joy into your life!
5. Get some motivation! You will not succeed in anything you do if you don’t get seriously motivated and do something about it. You hear stories all the time of people who have lost a ridiculous amount of weight. I was just reading in Men’s Health, which is the #1 Best Selling health magazine in the country that a man named Jared Green from Chicago, IL lost 133 pounds over an 18 month period. He went from a whopping 333 pounds to a muscular and fit 200. I will bet my life that if you sat down and interviewed this man you would find that he was seriously motivated to lose some weight. I think of motivation in a person as driving force to succeed at ANYTHING. If you are super motivated I’m guessing that there is nothing that is going to stop you from getting whatever it is you want!
6. Set Goals! Why do so many people not do this simple task. Every study that’s ever been done on goal setting proves it to be extremely effective. Goal setting can be empowering and motivating. Setting a goal can help give you a swift kick in the ass to start doing something about it. Step #1 is to write down your goals on a piece of paper(it can be ANY GOAL). Hang it up on your refrigerator, on your bathroom wall, on the ceiling above your bed, etc. This will force you to look at your goals everyday of your life. Again, this is a proven method of success. Make goals, look at them everyday and then take steps to make your goals a reality!
7. Use the Law of Attraction! I once had a girlfriend who could mysteriously get whatever it was she wanted! Opportunities seemed abundant for this girl and amazing things seemed to fall out of the sky and hit her over the head like a brick. Some years ago during college she “put it out there” that she wanted to get paid to travel the world. Sure enough, she graduated college and in less than a year she was sailing across the Mediterranean on an exotic sailboat. She traveled to places all over Italy, Greece and Croatia and experienced more things in one summer than most people see in a lifetime. She was also getting paid to do this! This story is 100 % true. I know this because the following year we were still together I sailed on the boat with her. It was an amazing experience and YES I also got paid! Funny how things work isn’t it?
8.Be healthy! I have written time and time again how living an active and healthy life will change your life for the better! The great thing about this principle is that you can make simple changes instantly. Next time you go the movies, opt for a small popcorn instead of a large. Next time your thirsty, opt for some orange juice over a diet soda. Next time you have the day off, opt to ride your bike instead of driving your car. Next time…. You get the idea. Small changes throughout your day, day in and day out, add up to a lot of HUGE changes over the course of the year. Start small and see what happens!
9. Sleep! People are getting less and less sleep every year. Since when did 6 hours or less become the norm for most people? Get 8 hours of sleep every single night for two weeks and watch your energy levels spike like you have never seen before. Wake up refreshed and feeling better about yourself. Have better sex! Workout more! Get a job promotion! All of these things could be the result if you get 8 hours of shut-eye per night. Be forewarned, this principle has been known to work faster than you ever thought possible and people report “uncontrollable excitement”!
10. Find a Purpose! Most people are clueless as to why they are here on this earth. Find a purpose, find something your passionate about and DO IT! It’s that easy. So your great with kids? Maybe your meant to be a school teacher? You like to help people? Maybe you should work for the Red Cross? You like sports? Maybe you should be a coach? Bottom line here is that if you find your life’s purpose, most likely you will be happier and more successful!
Make 2012 the BEST YEAR OF YOUR LIFE by contacting Curt today 720.261.5426